MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses Now Available!
- Proven to slow myopia progression in children by 59%*
- A simple-to-wear, one-day soft contact lens thrown away at the end of each day
- Children with myopia see well at all distances*
Millions of children across Canada are poised to benefit from a breakthrough therapy that addresses the fast-growing issue of myopia (nearsightedness), which is projected to negatively affect more than 50 percent of the world’s population by 20502.
The challenge with myopia is that as the eye continues to grow, the retinal tissue has to stretch. Worsening myopia significantly increases the risk of retinal detachment and myopic maculopathy, with even low myopia levels associated with a higher prevalence of glaucoma and cataracts3.
There is help!
Introducing MiSight® 1 day - the world’s first one-day soft contact lens proven to slow myopia progression in children by 59%1*.
- A simple-to-wear, one-day soft contact lens your child throws away at the end of each day
- ActivControl® Technology targets the source of myopia progression§
- Lets children with myopia see well at all distances1*
MiSight® 1 day was designed for children’s ease of use and parental peace of mind.
Over a three-year period of studying MiSight® 1 day contact lenses in children ages 8–15 years: 4
- 90% of children said they preferred wearing their MiSight® 1 day contact lenses over their glasses.
- 90% of children could insert and remove MiSight® 1 day lenses on their own, as reported by their parents.
- 100% of parents said their children were happy with the experience of wearing contact lenses, including comfort, vision, ease of use and freedom from glasses.
Slowing the progression of myopia supports the long-term health of your child’s eyes3.
Ask your certified Eye Care Professional to see if MiSight® 1 day contact lens are right for you (or your child).
* Compared with a single-vision, one-day lens over a three-year period.
§ MiSight® 1 day contact lenses may not slow the rate of myopia progression in all children and will not cure myopia.
◊ After 1 month of wear 100% of the children found the lens easy to remove and 85% of who have never worn contact lenses before find the lenses easy to insert.
*1 Chamberlain P, Logan N, Jones D, Gonzalez-Meijome J, Saw S-M, Young G. Clinical evaluation of a dual-focus myopia control 1 day soft contact lens: 3-year results. Presented at: British Contact Lens Association Clinical Conference, Liverpool, England.
2 Holden BA, Fricke TR, Wilson DA, et al. Global prevalence of myopia and high myopia and temporal trends from 2000 through 2050. Ophthalmology. 2016;123(5):1036-1042.
3 Flitcroft DI. The complex interactions of retinal, optical and environmental factors in myopia aetiology. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2012;31(6):622-660.
4 Data on file, CooperVision.
5 Children ages 8-15.