RICHMOND HILL, ON., November 1, 2021— CooperVision today introduced MyDay® daily disposable multifocal contact lenses, expanding its popular premium silicone hydrogel 1 day family in the United States and Canada.
The new lenses are the first to feature the CooperVision® Binocular Progressive System™, an innovative 3 ADD approach that caters to all levels of presbyopia with simplified fitting,1 optimal visual acuity at all distances and comfortable wear for exceptional performance.2 Eye care professionals (ECPs) can successfully fit 98% of patients with two pairs of MyDay® multifocal lenses or fewer when following the fitting guide.1
“As people age into presbyopia, they often turn to reading glasses over their contact lenses or drop out entirely,3” said Michele Andrews, OD, Vice President of Professional and Government Affairs, Americas, CooperVision. “These patients need a contact lens that checks all the boxes: excellent vision, comfort, and health.4 MyDay® multifocal will help ECPs further build their practices and energize the category.”
At launch, MyDay® multifocal will be available with an 8.4 mm base curve, 14.2 mm diameter and an extensive power range from +8.00D to -10.00D (in 0.25D steps) and -10.50D to -12.00D (in 0.50D steps). The three ADD powers include low (+0.75D to +1.25D spectacle Rx ADD), medium (+1.50D to +1.75D spectacle Rx ADD) and high (+2.00D to +2.50D spectacle Rx ADD). Oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t) at -3.00D is 100 x 10-9 and the lenses offer 85% UVA and 96% UVB blocking.*
Fitting, Vision and Comfort Innovations
The CooperVision® Binocular Progressive System™ debuts with MyDay® multifocal. The 3 ADD method uses different lens designs to optimize vision for all levels of presbyopia.7 These allow the eyes to work in tandem, which gives a simple initial fit and an easy progression as the near requirement increases. Wearers embrace the lens from the start, with 100% overall fit acceptance on dispensing.1 That performance helps wearers get back on the go and spend more time on the things that matter most to them1—and gives ECPs more time to fit more patients.
Fitting the new lens is made easier with the CooperVision® OptiExpert™ app—a suite of tools that aid clinical decisions, reduce chair time9 and increase patient success. This includes a new capability of refining first fit for vision optimization. OptiExpert™ is available to download on the Apple App Store and Google Play. The desktop version can be used at https://coopervision.ca/practitioner/tools-and-calculators/optiexpert/optiexpert-web.
For additional information, please visit mycoopervision.ca
1. CVI data on file 2020. Prospective, double-masked, bilateral, one-week dispensing study UK with MyDay® daily disposable multifocal; n=104 habitual multifocal contact lens wearers; CVI data on file 2021. Prospective, subject-masked, randomized, bilateral, two-week dispensing study at 5 US sites with MyDay® daily disposable multifocal; n=58 habitual multifocal contact lens wearers.
2. CVI data on file 2021. Observational in-practice assessment with MyDay® multifocal in US with 40 ECPs and 372 wearers.
3. Akerman D. 40 is the New 20/20 — Presbyopia Equals Opportunity. CL Spectrum, March 2010.
4. CVI data on file 2020. Kubic Online Survey with spherical soft contact lens wearers with presbyopia/symptoms. N= 1005 (555 1 Day, 450 FRP wearers). US, UK, JP; weighted equally.
5. CVI data on file, 2021. Prospective, subject-masked, randomized, bilateral, two-week cross-over dispensing study at 5 US sites with MyDay® daily disposable multifocal and DAILIES TOTAL1® Multifocal; n=58 habitual multifocal contact lens wearers.
6. CooperVision data on file 2021. Based on prescription option combinations (sph and add) available across all daily disposable multifocal soft lenses from CVI, JJV, B+L and Alcon in USA May 2021.
7. CVI data on file 2020. Prospective, double-masked, bilateral, 1-week dispensing study with MyDay daily disposable multifocal; n=104 habitual MFCL wearers.
8. Initial dispensing visit. CVI data on file 2021. Observational in-practice assessment with MyDay® multifocal in US with 48 ECPs and 372 wearers.
9. Based on retrospective analysis of 26 patients (52 eyes) with subjective refractions ranging between +5.00D to -6.00D and ≤ -1.00 D cylinder.
*Warning: UV-absorbing contact lenses are not substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear, such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses,
because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. Patients should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed.
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of contact lenses. The company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly soft contact lenses that feature advanced materials and optics, and premium rigid gas permeable lenses for orthokeratology and scleral designs. CooperVision has a strong heritage of addressing the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, childhood myopia, and highly irregular corneas; and offers the most complete portfolio of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CooperCompanies ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., Cooper has a workforce of more than 12,000 with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Heather Kowalczyk, APR, McDougall Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-585-434-2148