ECPs Share Thought-Provoking Insights, Motivations, and Visions for Myopia Control and Management
for Myopia Control and Management
SAN RAMON, CALIF., September 25, 2023—Myopia Action Month, the global initiative that is bringing together eye care professionals (ECPs) to combat the growing prevalence of childhood myopia, concludes its last week with an uplifting international discussion hosted by CooperVision, who is a Premier sponsor. The conversation poses a series of thought-provoking questions to six ECPs, educators, and researchers regarding their personal journeys and experiences in myopia control and management. The inspirational online video will be released on Tuesday, September 26 at 10:00 am GMT, as part of Myopia Profile’s comprehensive collection of free online seminars and educational resources that have been offered throughout the month.
- Andy Britton, Specialist Optometrist and Director, Specsavers, United Kingdom
- Li Lian Foo, Clinical Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Consultant Ophthalmologist, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
- Aamena Kazmi, OD, ABO Diplomate, United States
- Jamesina Lowe, OD, Canada
- Elena Garcia Rubio, Co-Director of the National Institute of Vision, Spain
- Celine Zhang, OD, V Vis Sci/B Optom(Hons), SpecCert MMP(Optom), UniMelb Eyecare Plus, Australia
“Participating in Myopia Action Month allowed me to contemplate my personal journey with myopia management,” said Dr. Kazmi. “Sharing these experiences holds great significance as it helps introduce more age-appropriate children to myopia control, which aligns perfectly with this month’s initiative.”
For more information on Myopia Action Month and to watch CooperVision’s international video, visit www.myopiaaction.com.
# # #