- Easy to fit, single use lens
- Corrects refractive error and slows the elongation of the eye through ActivControlTM Technology
- Suitable for children as young as 8**
The MiSight® 1 day lens is clinically proven to slow the progression of myopia when initially prescribed for children 8-12 years old*. It serves as the cornerstone of a comprehensive Brilliant Futures Myopia Management approach that will be available in Canada this November 2020.
MiSight 1 day contact lenses were clinically validated in a multi-year comprehensive study that enrolled children between 8 and 12.
Over three years, MiSight reduced myopia progression by 59%, versus a single vision 1-day lens.1
The clinical study of MiSight 1 day lenses was the first to demonstrate sustained reduction in myopia progression with a soft contact lens over a three-year period.1†
Change in Spherical Equivalent Refractive Error (SERE)
With MiSight, we also saw 52% reduction in average axial lengthening1†
Change in axial length
How MiSight 1 day works
MiSight 1 day with ActivControl™ Technology helps slow the elongation of the eye and myopia progression, while fully correcting refractive error.1 Addressing axial elongation helps to reduce the risk of myopia-related vision complications later in life, including irreversible vision loss.2
- Two treatment zones create myopic defocus with image focus in front of the retina, rather than behind it to slow axial elongation
- Two correction zones correct myopia in all gaze positions
To become a certified Eye Care Practitioner and to obtain access to the Brilliant Futures Myopia Management approach featuring MiSight® 1 day, please click here to access training provided by CooperVision.
Optometry and Vision Science 3-Year Peer Review
Canadian Indications for Use: MiSight (omafilcon A) Soft Contact Lenses for Myopia Control may reduce the rate of myopia progression in children (6-18) and correct ametropia. Reduction of myopia progression was observed in children with wearing time of 12 hours (8-16 hours) per day, 6.4 days (5-7) per week in a clinical study. Permanent myopia control after lens treatment is discontinued is not supported by clinical studies. MiSight (omafilcon A) Soft Contact Lenses for Myopia Control are indicated for single use daily disposable wear. When prescribed for daily disposable wear, the lens is to be discarded after each removal.
* USA Indications for Use: MiSight® (omafilcon A) daily wear single use Soft Contact Lenses are indicated for the correction of myopic ametropia and for slowing the progression of myopia in children with non-diseased eyes, who at the initiation of treatment are 8-12 years of age and have a refraction of -0.75 to -4.00 diopters (spherical equivalent) with ≤ 0.75 diopters of astigmatism. The lens is to be discarded after each removal.
**Based on a clinical study in which participants were between the ages of 8 and 12 at initial fit.
†Compared with a standard single vision, 1 day lens over a three-year period
1. Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-Year Randomized Clinical Trial of MiSight Lenses for Myopia Control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019;96(8):556-7. 2. Tideman JW, et al. Association of Axial Length With Risk of Uncorrectable Visual Impairment for Europeans With Myopia. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016;134(12):1355-63.