The Student Contact Lens Leadership Society provides educational experiences for an optometry student at each school and college of optometry in North America who is interested in elevating their contact lens knowledge. The student will learn more about the contact lens industry, enhance their contact lens education and gain insight into future employment opportunities. The student will also connect with CooperVision leadership, collaborate with their peers, and learn from contact lens leaders in the optometric profession.
Benefits of the Program
- $1000 stipend to enhance their optometric experience and assist in travel expenses to the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting
- Invitation to attend a fully paid educational meeting with networking opportunities at CooperVision’s facility (Victor, NY), Spring 2024
- Opportunity to connect with CooperVision Best Practices Honorees and other leadership in the field of optometry
- Showcase participation in program through industry promotion.
- Opportunity to contribute to ECP Viewpoints articles and podcasts
- Informational interview and engagement opportunities with optometrists affiliated with CooperVision in various roles from research to regulatory and clinical affairs
How the Program Works
CooperVision invites each school and college of optometry in North America to select a student from either the second- or third-year class to serve for a one-year term. In addition to the benefits outlined above, they may be called upon for on-site duties, such as maintaining the diagnostic lens sets, supplying fitting guides or other product-specific tasks as needed. Additional duties may include sharing initiatives, product updates and scholarship opportunities with their classmates.
The student will serve a one-year term that begins in late summer, shortly after the start of the academic school year. All Student Contact Lens Leadership Society selections must be received by the end of August of every year.
The Contact Lens Director submits their selection for the Student Contact Lens Leadership Society to email@example.com. A representative from Professional & Academic Affairs will reach out to the student to confirm and finalize the selection.