Because your patients' lives happen on‑screen & off.
Biofinity Energys™ represents a significant breakthrough for sphere wearers with contact lens innovation that addresses today’s digital lifestyles head on. Together Digital Zone Optics™ lens design and Aquaform® Technology help with eye tiredness and dryness associated with digital device use.
check their phones approximately every
“Almost everyone is going to have symptoms of digital eye fatigue, and as eye doctors, we should start talking to patients this way and discussing digital eye fatigue right when they come in – every time they come in.5”
“After I introduce them to Biofinity Energys™, many of my patients say, “This lens is more comfortable!” I find it to be an easy-to-fit, comfortable lens for patients.5”
“Biofinity Energys™ lenses will work for normal everyday life and won’t require patients to do anything other than just wear contact lenses. The lens is a home run for ECPs and patients. In my opinion, no other manufacturer has anything that can hold a candle to Biofinity Energys™. My philosophy is that every single monthly sphere wearer should be switched into this lens.5”
“Since I was first introduced to the lens, my impression is it has gone 180 degrees. I first thought it would be good for the pre-presbyopic who isn’t ready for a multifocal. Now, I’ve gone the other direction. I started prescribing it as more of an everyday lens for 20- to 30-year-olds, and they love it.5”
“As a society, many people do not know the impact of digital device usage, and it’s our job as eyecare professionals to explain the effects of increased use.5”
Breakthrough innovation designed for your patients’ digital lifestyles.
Digital Zone Optics™ Lens Design
- Exclusive, essential technology that helps with eye tiredness associated with digital device use
- Multiple front-surface aspheric curves result in more positive power in the center of the lens
- Helps ease accommodative burden and reduce ciliary muscle stress when changing focus from on-screen to off6
- Natural moisture and breathability
- Long silicone chains and compatible hydrogen bonds help with eye dryness associated with digital device use
- Less silicone so oxygen transmissibility is optimized
- Proven comfort for your patient
Patients seek more information.
of contact lens wearers are interested in seeking ways to reduce eye tiredness7
of contact lens wearers report that they or their ODs bring up digital device use during their appointment7
- After one month of wear
- Social Media Usage 2005 to 2015, Pew Research Center (2015)
(Accessed Aug. 18, 2016) http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/08/social-networking-usage-2005-2015/
- Global News. Canadians check their smartphones every 10 minutes: Poll.
- Digital Eye Strain. (2016, June 27). Retrieved April 18, 2017, from https://opticalprism.ca/digital-eye-strain-2/
- Data on file.
- Biofinity Energys roundtable discussion. 2016 American Academy of Optometry. Anaheim, CA
- Prospective, multi-center (9 sites), subject-masked, bilateral wear, cross-over, non-dispensing study comparing the difference of the change in AMF frequency measured by the Accommodative Function Analyzer instrument (AFA). Based on a statistically significant difference of the mean change of Accommodative Microfluctuations and when compared to Biofinity® sphere after reading on an iPhone for 20 minutes held at a distance of 25 cm.]
- CooperVision Digital Device Usage and Your Eyes Report, 2018.